Monday, February 27, 2012

Tips for Searching the Web

When I do a search on the Internet, I try to be as concise as possible.  I have never used any tricks when doing a search.   The four articles that we had to read had so many helpful hints.
I never knew you could do a specific domain search. Now when I have to look up things that I know are educational or government related, I am going to use the edu and gov before I type in the word.
Wildcards are something that I have seen other people do, but was not aware of how useful, easy and helpful they are.  Just by typing *, ", - can help with searching in a huge way.  The article that explained all of the ways that you can get information form typing in basic information in the Google toolbar.   Movies, calculations, spelling, information on a subject, weather. All by typing in a few keywords and it refined going to several search engines.  Great Tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment